You’ve ever frantically yelled “Don’t throw that away! I can make something out of it.”
- You spend an undisclosed amount of money every month on all things crafty. To disclose it might give your spouse a heart attack.
- You know precisely where the clearance wall is in Hobby Lobby and how long it takes you to walk back there.
- Every piece of cardboard, old jewelry and well-worn clothing sets your mind ablaze with possibilities.
- You’ve gone crazy with the glue gun and glued stuff to picture frames, cupboard doors, desks, planters, mirrors, your dog’s collar and computer monitors.
- You cut buttons off all clothing bound for the trash can.
- Large bags and boxes of miscellaneous items frequently appear on your doorstep. Everyone knows where the crazy craft lady lives.
- You think nothing of going in to work with paint under your fingernails and glue on your elbow.
- Every time you decide to clean and organize, you discover craft items you didn’t know you owned.
- You don’t mind when you spill paint. It’s like floor art.
- All folding tables in the house become permanent craft room additions.
- Your spouse learns not to ask when how long you’ll be gone when it’s craft fair season.
- Anything is fair game to become a piece of jewelry: bottle tops, tire rims, twist ties.
- Others don’t understand why you need 15 different types of glue.
- Your husband buys you a 100 pack of gel pens complete with stand, without batting an eye. You’ve trained him well.
Copyright © 2010 Melody Jones
Originally published as a blog post on Melody’s Musings. If you love crafts, read The Craft Lover’s Success Guide: Simple Ways to Nurture Your Creativity and Actually Finish You Projects by Melody Jones, available at www.mycraftebooks.com.